What you need to know.
Posted on: 11 May
On Friday, 23 April 2022 the Victorian Government revoked the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Order, Open Premises Order and Movement and Gathering Order. The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (General Workers) and (Specified Workers) Orders remain in place.
Club & Facility Operations
- Patrons no longer are required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering any venue. Check-in using the Service Victoria app has ended.
- Face masks are no longer required in hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size.
- Close contacts no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a face mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings. They will also need to undertake at least five rapid tests that produce a negative result over the seven days.
- Individuals will be required to notify their workplace contacts, in addition to informing their social contacts. Workplaces don’t have to individually identify and notify each potentially exposed worker.
Some restrictions remain in place, including:
- Anyone who is diagnosed with COVID-19 must isolate for seven days; and
- Existing two-dose vaccination mandates for staff still apply.
- COVIDSafe Plans are still required in all workplaces and should be updated given the above changes.
Clubs and facilities who wish to maintain their own vaccination policies should seek their own specific legal advice on the matter.
Victorian Pandemic Orders:
The revocation of the orders is published here
Golf Australia contact:
John Stamp, Club & Facility Manager – Victoria, is currently on leave. Please contact Matt Chesterman, Clubs & Facilities Senior Manager on (08) 8368 9206 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
PGA of Australia contact:
If PGA members require additional information or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact David Barker, Senior State Manager on (03) 8320 1911 or email@example.com